Roy K talks about complete surrender in order to gain good sobriety.
Roy K, Founder of SA, talks about how SA started. The 4 false starts of SA. What from his view is happening in SA in 1998. And his vision for SA in the future.
12 Principles of Recovery presented by Roy K.
- HONESTY – Fairness and straight forwardness of conduct: adherence to the facts.
- HOPE – To expect with desire; something on which hopes are centered.
- FAITH – Complete confidence; belief and trust.
- COURAGE – Firmness of mind and will in the face of extreme difficulty; mental or moral strength to withstand fear.
- INTEGRITY – The quality or state of being complete or undivided; soundness.
- WILLINGNESS – Prompt to act or respond; accepted and done of choice or without reluctance.
- HUMILITY – Not proud or haughty; not arrogant or assertive; a clear and concise understanding of what we are, followed by a sincere desire to become what we can be.
- LOVE – Unselfish concern that freely accepts another in loyalty and seeks his good to hold dear.
- DISCIPLINE – Training that corrects, molds, or perfects the mental faculties or moral character; to bring under control; to train or develop by instruction.
- PATIENCE/PERSEVERANCE – Steadfast despite opposition or adversity; able or willing to bear; to persist in an understanding in spite of counter influences.
- AWARENESS – Alive and alert; vigilance in observing.
- SERVICE – A helpful act; contribution to the welfare of others; useful labor that does not produce a tangible commodity.
Roy K talks about step 2 and the essential role of God in recovering from lust.
Roy K, Harvey A, Bernie, Gordan, and Rhonda talk about Spirituality in a panel discussion at the 1994 SA International Conference